10 Beauty Super Foods {Guest Post by Delighted Momma}


One of my favorite bloggers, Lindsay from Delighted Momma, has a guest post for us today! What a treat! Lindsay always has wonderful beauty tips for making us feel like yummy mummies on the inside and out. Be sure to go say hi to Lindsay, thank her for guest posting here, and follow Delighted Momma.
---------------------------

Hello! I am SO excited to be guest posting today for Marina. Her blog completely blows me away. I always feel like I am flipping through the pages of Food and Wine magazine every time I visit.

My name is Lindsay and I am the author of Delighted Momma. I am a licensed esthetican. After working for a medical spa for several years I decided that I wanted to take a more holistic approach to skincare. I opened up my own business and now work out of my home. Each week on my blog I share skincare tips with my readers.

I truly believe that everything you put in your body plays a role in how your skin will look and feel. I have listed some amazing skin superfoods that are all beneficial to your health and your skin will thank you for it.



1. Blueberries- loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Blueberries prevent aging by neutralizing the free radicals (molecules responsible for aging and tissue damage) in the body. They also provide a boost in the immune system.

2. Turmeric- has been used for years in holistic medicine as as a digestive aid and a wound healer. It is also a natural liver detoxifier and potent natural anti-inflammatory (great for those with acne).

3. Parsley- it is rich in vitamins A and C. It also contains powerful antioxidants that can help slow down the aging of cells. Parsley is also the perfect digestion remedy and can help cleanse the liver of toxins. So don't pass on this often overlooked garnish. Parsley contains three times as much vitamin C as oranges, and twice as much iron as spinach..crazy right!

4. Coconut oil- has anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial functions. Helps with digestion. Excellent source of healthy fats. Applied topically is a great stretch mark prevention oil.

5. Avocado
- contains antioxidants that slow down aging, promotes good heart health, and prevents the growth of cancer cells. The natural oils in avocado also keep your skin looking vibrant and youthful.

6. Tomatoes-contain lycopene, a powerful rejuvenating antioxidant that gives tomatoes their deep red color is known to reduce the risk of prostate, breast, lung and other cancers. Tomatoes also contain a ton of vitamin C and can help skin texture and color. They are also super low in calories..so eat up!

7. Pumpkin Seeds- loaded with essential skin beautifying minerals and antioxidants. Pumpkin seeds are also a great anti-inflammatory. According to WHS pumpkin seeds are also known to boost the immune system and lower cancer risks. The best way to get all the health benefits is to eat them raw.

8. Kale- has tons of vitamin K, A and C. It is also a rich source of minerals including cooper, calcium, iron and magnesium which all play a role in healthy beautiful skin. For more information on kale you can read read this post.

9. Lemon- contains over 200 enzymes which help to detoxify the liver. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which has many healthy skin benefits including maintaining collagen levels and repairing tissue damage.

10. Sardines- you may not be a fan of these...but the health benefits are unbelievable. They are loaded with calcium, vitamin D and B12. A three ounce serving of sardines has as much calcium as a cup of milk. Sardines are also high in omega-3 fatty acids. A diet high in Omega-3 has been shown to inhibit breast, colon and kidney cancer. So you may want to reconsider incorporating these slimy little fishies into your diet. * I like mine with lemon and rosemary :)

Hope you all enjoyed this. Thank you Marina for having me over today!


If you would like some more info on Superfoods here are a few great resources:

Dr. Mercolas Top 7 Anti-Aging Foods


Worlds Healthiest Foods

Benefits of Parsley
Description: 10 Beauty Super Foods {Guest Post by Delighted Momma}
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 4:52 PM
TOP