I've Been Nominated For A Liebster And Miss Mustardseed Feature

This has been an incredible week for me as a blogger.  For a very long time I have looked up to and admired Miss Mustardseed's work.  She's amazingly talented, a very accomplished blogger and entrepreneur (who now has her own milk paint line).  Since I started blogging at the end of January, I've dreamed of being featured on her Furniture Feature Friday.  Every week I would link up a blog post and then wait until the next week to see if by some miracle she would pick my project to feature.  Weeks and weeks passed and no feature, but I refused to give up.  Then late Thursday night I remembered it was time to link up a project post on her site.  I hopped over to her site and OMG I saw MY MAHOGANY DRESSER!  I screamed out loud, like I mean SUPER loud and maybe did a little jig on the couch.   I felt validated in a sense and SO, SO SHOCKED.  I went to bed not believing my eyes.  I think I looked at the site at least 10 more times in bed on my Ipad before I could fall asleep.   Here is a link to the feature in case you want to have a look   http://missmustardseed.com/2012/06/furniture-feature-friday-features-a-link-party-4/


The next day I was surprised yet again when I saw an email from Jen at City Farmhouse saying I had been nominated for a Leibster Award!  As a chronic blog surfer and blogger myself I've seen this button on a few blogs and wondered what it's for.  


I learned the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  That's me!  I have less than 200 followers, but never thought of myself as up and coming!
 
Part of the nomination process is to share five random facts about myself.  Oh my...not my favorite subject.  Can't I talk about 5 furniture painting facts or where I love to shop??  :-)  OK, here goes nothing.....



1.  I'm obsessed with anything Paris.  I love the Eiffel Tower and love to collect them.   I went to Paris for the first time last summer and climbed the Eiffel Tower 3 weeks after knee surgery...that's how much I love it!  :-)



2.  I'm a stay at home Mom for my amazing Son Hunter who is definitely my little miracle.  His presence constantly reminds me that dreams do come true!  I'm married to an incredible man who has put up with me every day for the last 15 years.  


3.  I love to travel, almost as much as I love to redo furniture!  


4.  I love to change things up.  We've lived in our current home for 6 months and I can't tell you how many times I have moved things in and out of this house.  It's one of the things that drives my Husband crazy, especially when I asked him to move furniture on Father's Day :-)


5.  Every time someone comments on something I've done in a positive way, I'm truly, truly surprised, flattered and appreciative.  I'm my harshest critic so to hear positive comments coming from friends and even strangers is a huge deal for me, especially as a new blogger.  So a huge thank you goes out to anyone who comments on my blog, emails me or nominates me for awards...Thanks Jen!


Whew...glad that part is over!  Now for the fun part!!  I was tasked to choose 5 up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate myself!  Honestly I'm more excited about doing this and paying it forward.  I looked all over the blogosphere for blogs I enjoy.  Some I've already been following and some are new to me.  There are a lot of talented and amazing bloggers out there so this was a hard choice. 


Here are my 5 in no particular order:


Chic And Lovely-Check out the coffee table she just did!
Kayboo Creations -She just did a side table in a chevron pattern that you have to see!
Hooked On Decorating-Love her buffet turned media cabinet!
That Ranch Girl-She did her own version of my Cherry Blossom dresser and it turned out great! 
Serendipity Refined-You have to see the cabinet she redid and named 'Grace'.




Jen passed on a great list of rules from twelve-o-eight
So, if I have nominated you please complete the following 5 steps:

1. Post about your win on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and follow their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog (you can right-click on the Liebster label from my page, save it to your computer, then save to your blog).
4. Present The Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.
5. Let them know by leaving them a comment on their blog.



Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to get to know a teensy bit about me.  Please take the time to stop by and visit the super talented women above and show them some love.


Description: I've Been Nominated For A Liebster And Miss Mustardseed Feature
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 4:58 AM
TOP