One Of My New Favorites!

I realized today that it's been almost two months since I last wrote a blog post.  Between the all the things I've been doing on our home, the holidays and life blogging hasn't been happening.  I post a lot on my Facebook group page.  You can follow me here if you here...My Passion For Decor Facebook Page.  I've missed writing and hearing from everyone.  I'm going to be writing a lot more so you're not getting rid of me that easy :-)

Almost a year ago I bought this adorable dresser from a tag sale group on Facebook.  I fell in love with the lines and the height.  It was in pretty good shape, but needed some cosmetic work and a bit of wood putty and wood glue.  The hardware was missing as well and it was a bit sad looking, but that's just how I like my furniture!  

Here are the before pictures....Well this was after I sanded it a bit and filled the gouges and missing parts with wood putty.  Also, after I glued the drawers.  


I liked the cute hardware, but it was missing from a lot of the drawers and I didn't love it enough to source it out and pay for replicas.


If you've been following me for any length of time you'll know I love key holes and these keyhole covers are so intricate.  Here you can see the missing hardware.


There were some major chunks taken out of the dresser over the years, but a little wood putty and sanding fixed them nicely.


One of the things I loved was the curve along the back. 


I also loved the slats on the side

And of course the curves at the bottom!


I was given a wonderful tool to try from Homeright, an airless paint sprayer.  I'd never used a paint sprayer before and I was so nervous.  I had met their representative at the Haven Conference.  I had the opportunity to see the paint sprayers and learn about them and all the other amazing products Homeright has to offer.  I was thrilled when a couple weeks later I received one in the mail.  I couldn't wait to try it.  I read the directions and figured out what I needed to do.  I had read on some other blogs about using the paint sprayer with Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan so I gave it a try.  The paint needed to be watered down a little bit.  It was easy and the directions were easy to follow.  In no time flat I was up and running.  OH I forgot to tell you this doesn't need a compressor.  You just plug it in and paint!

This picture is after my first coat of Paris Grey Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan.  I was just getting the hang of it and really I was amazed at how quickly I got 2 coats done.  So much faster than hand painting.  


After my second coat of Paris Grey using the sprayer, I was ready to give this baby some personality. I love grey and white together so I used some Pure White Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan and dry brushed the color on the drawer fronts, the sides and the curve at the back.   Then for the top I added dry brushed stripes.  I finished the whole piece with some clear wax.   

The last little detail was to add the key holes back on the dresser.  Each one I scrubbed with a tooth brush, vinegar and baking soda.  I tried everything I could to keep the original brass, but they didn't look great when I was done so I gave them a quick spray of oil rubbed bronze paint to match the drawer hardware and they looked perfect.   I added the new hardware and stepped back and fell in love.  

Here she is......I really do love this one.


I adore the color combination, along with the new oil rubbed bronze hardware.  



Here you can see the dry brushing and the stripes.










I really like how the panels pop on the sides.



I had every intention of keeping this dresser for my master bedroom.  However, when I finished this one I wasn't completely sure what direction I was going with that room so I sold.   It's great that it has a new home.  

It feels good to be back writing about what I truly enjoy doing.  I have so many projects to share that are done, but I just haven't taken pictures yet.  So keep an eye out for more to come!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.  Here's to an early spring!  I write this as we are waiting here in New England for a major snowstorm.....but I'm really ready for spring!  

Thank you for reading,




Description: One Of My New Favorites!
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 5:27 PM
TOP