How to Make a Sandcastle Cake

Simple step-by-step directions for making a beautiful sand castle cake coated with ground cookie crumbs. 
sandcastle cake recipe
I was sure this cake was going to be a disaster. Right up until the night before the party when I assembled, frosted, and coated it in cookie crumbs, I was pretty sure I would be running to the grocery store for store-bought cupcakes to toss my white chocolate shells onto during a mad dash to the party. 
Thankfully I was wrong. The cake was much easier than I thought it would be, and looked even better than expected. Much easier than the Sock Monkey Cake I made 6 months ago. To make things simple, I baked the cake a week early, wrapped it in plastic and foil, and froze it. I finished the cake the night before the party. The look on my birthday girl's face when she saw her cake in the morning was priceless. Her exact words were, "Mom, I knew it was going to be good, but I didn't know it was going to be THIS amazing!" 

Here's what you'll need to do... 

CONTINUE READING THIS POST »
Description: How to Make a Sandcastle Cake
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 2:52 PM
TOP