Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins

paleo chocolate banana muffins
For the record, I am totally not on the paleo bandwagon. I'm sticking to camp plant-based but I think paleo baking is fantastic. Though I could never turn down a fresh baguette or croissant, I try to stay away from white flour and sugar 99% of the time. They really do nothing good and there are so many nutritious alternatives now - oat flour, almond flour, almond meal, coconut flour, quinoa flour... 
kids cooking The cutest banana peeler in all the land. But really. 
Today yummy little baker and I decided to make some banana muffins while big sis was at school. We decided to toss in some raw cacao and I decided to use almond meal instead of flour. Risky, but successful. 
chocolate banana muffins recipeThe result was what I think real bakers would call a "tender crumb" - but that sounds so silly and pretentious. It was moist and cake-like/cupcake-ish. Like a banana muffin, only chocolatey.

Keep reading for the recipe!

CONTINUE READING THIS POST »
Description: Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 11:08 AM
TOP